Bad Wolf Build - Page 3

Back      Home

January 17th 2010  - the phone panel sign has been printed onto laser acetate, and the back painted with white primer.  It may take another coat to cover up the dark brush-strokes.

I've done a couple of coats of matt varnish on the box, but you can still see a few shiny bits (look at the top left panel on the right-hand face).  This is the really annoying thing about matt varnish - you can't tell which bits are going to look shiny until after it's dried.

The lamp is now on.  Those little struts are slivers of matchstick that will anchor the 4 struts firmly to the lamp base - although I think I'm going to glue them to the lamp itself anyway.  The struts look pretty close on the real prop so I think I'll get away with it.   

January 30th  2010 - Lamp cap is now on.  I know it doesn't look the proper NST top, but I can't figure out a way of getting that pointed garden-lamp style.  If I do figure it out later I can always add it onto the finished answers on a postcard please...

And here's the lamp struts done.  Right up until yesterday they were going to be cut-down cotton buds.  But the paint kept flaking off every time I tried to cut them down to length, so I gave up and tried wooden cocktail sticks, which work better.  I don't know why I haven't used them before.

And now the phone sign is on, but look...  There's something different about the words...but I can't put my finger on it...

It looks quite good in Picture 3 with the light behind it too. In fact although I put some lengths of card inside to prevent you from seeing right through the box's windows, some light still gets inside and scatters nicely.

Pictures 4 & 5 - The handles are now on, and there's also a keyhole there if you look close enough, which I may dab a bit of bronze paint on.

4th February 2010.  It's finished!

Now, I wonder where I can get hold of some plans for the 11th Doctor's TARDIS.....

Back      Home


This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor